October 28, 2007

Kiss My Face Liquid Rock Deodorant

A TMI confession: I've tried two deodorants from natural hygiene giant Tom's of Maine and both left my underarms like those of an adolescent boy about to ask out his crush. Because I like to play it safe and can't get past those rumors that the sweat-blocking ingredient in antiperspirants, aluminum, may cause breast cancer, I'm resolved to stay natural.

Thankfully, on Makeupalley.com, I found Kiss My Face's Liquid Rock as one of the highest-rated deodorants. And I'm happy to report that it does a decent job of keeping sweat at bay and an amazing performance at keeping underarms freshly scented.

Pretty factor: Lavender oil lends anti-bacterial and anti-smelly properties. Willow bark (the derivative of salicylic acid, the major ingredient in acne products) exfoliates and cleans out pores, while lichen extract eats up odor.

Eco factor: No aluminum, parabens, artificial colors or fragrances and the bottle's 100% biodegradable.

To buy: $4.49 at Whole Foods and drugstore.com

Ingredients

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lins,
How does the Kiss MY FAce deodorant leave your armpits feeling? Does it keep them dry, smell good, etc.? You might want to elaborate.

Lindsay B. said...

Thanks for the tip--I actually realized shortly after I posted the review that I didn't mention HOW it does a good job. Duh. I just expanded my review!

Virginia Green said...

Ok... I'm going to have to give this a try. I've had the same "success" with Tom's.