January 29, 2009

NEW Juice Beauty USDA Organic Facial Moisture Concentrate Review

There’s nothing better on a freshly exfoliated face than a really effective moisturizer, especially in January. I have normal to oily skin, so I’m hesitant to try oil-based products (even though they can actually reduce sebum production). But also, I’m afraid they'll take forever to absorb, making it a nightmare to apply my mineral foundation in the morning.

Still, I was excited to try the new USDA Organic Facial Moisture Concentrate from Juice Beauty. It didn't disappoint. It absorbed easily into my skin and I was astounded by how smooth and velvety it left my face—not at all greasy, even at midday.
Pretty Factor: This serum hydrates and plumps with fatty acids from organic plant oils, including evening primrose and borage seed. It regenerates skin tissue with cranberry, grape seed and carrot seed extracts plus helichrysum essential oil. As it warms in your hands you get a strong whiff of olive oil (one of the main ingredients), but as you apply the product to your face, you're left with the soothing aroma of geranium essential oil....

Tip:
Use on slightly damp skin and warm in your palms before applying.
Eco factor: Juice Beauty's new USDA-certified organic collection contains over 95% organically produced ingredients and meets the National Organic Program's strict guidelines. No parabens, synthetic fragrances, petroleum derivatives, artificial dyes, harsh sulfates, or phthalates. Juice Beauty's facilities are solar-powered, their containers are made from recycled content, and they get many of their organic ingredients from small farmers.

To Buy:
$36 at Sephora, Whole Foods and juicebeauty.com

Jen from Skin Rhythm

6 comments:

Helly said...

You were right, no disappointment with Juice Beauty's USDA line. The Cleanser has a wonderful organic essential oil aroma; the mask left my skin bright and clear and the oil moisture concentrate made all my wrinkles disappear for a day! I also love the USDA Lip Moisturizer. Super moisture and all organic food grade ingredients so I'm not ingesting the usual bad lip stuff! I buy my Juice Beauty at Sephora and Whole Foods. Love it!

Anonymous said...

juice beauty's serum has done nothing for my skin. before i was using avalon's vitamin c serum and noticed a huge change in tone and texture. perhaps my skin just responds better to c serums - any recommendations that are cleaner than avalon?

Anonymous said...

update: i just received myschelle's perfect c serum and already see a difference in my skin. i just don't think serums with an array of anti-oxidants do anything! only vitamin c has any clinical trials to back it up. i'm still curious to know others' experiences. . .

Lindsay B. said...

Hi Anonymous. Thanks for the comments and sorry for my delayed response. (Been traveling off and on the past month.) Anyway, I'm glad that you're seeing results with MyChelle's Perfect C serum.

I'm wary of it, though, because it uses L-ascorbic acid, which is water-soluble and thus unable to penetrate the dermis as deeply as fat-soluble vitamin C. Also, l-ascorbic acid is more unstable and it can be irritating to sensitive skin.

Actually, all Juice Beauty products except the 4 new USDA Organic skews (including the Facial Moisture Concentrate here) contain fat-soluble vitamin C. So does Kiss My Face Organics' C The Change Ester C Serum.

Hope this helps!

P.S. On ingredients lists, look for ascorbyl palmitate or magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (the more stable, fat-soluble forms)

Tina said...

I love the USDA line by Juice Beauty. It makes my skin feel so healthy and soft. I get mine at Sephora. I also LOVE the green apple line...it is amazing!

Anonymous said...

I have very dry skin. The directions suggest warming the serum in your palms first. When I do this, the serum seems to absorb so quickly into my palms/hands that there is nothing to put on my face. Is this common? Can I use it directly onto my face?