February 6, 2008

PeaceKeeper Cause-Metics Nail Polish

We all want to have pretty, feminine hands. But have you ever wondered if that potent chemical odor in nail salons just might not be best for your brain cells? If so, you're right. Chemicals in traditional nail polishes (specifically formaldehyde, toluene and acetone) are big-time indoor air polluters, potentially carcinogenic and allergy-causing.

Pretty factor: PeaceKeeper's polishes come in 8 varying shades that suit a variety of personalities, from vibrantly punchy to demurely soft. My favorite is Paint Me Luminous: creamy and natural-looking with a pretty, subtle shimmer.

Eco factor: PeaceKeeper products are free of harsh chemicals such as phthalates, parabens, artificial coloring. The company gives an impressive chunk of its profits to women's health and human rights organizations (thus its name PeaceKeeper Cause-Metics). And, of course, it does not test on animals.

To buy:
$12 at Whole Foods and iamapeacekeeper.com

Ingredients

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah...this is good info to know. Thnx!

Anonymous said...

I found the Peace-Keeper site when I was doing a post for my natural beauty blog. I ended up buying the Nail Paint in “Paint Me Stunning” I was surprised at how long it lasted, and the color is very pretty. My only problem with it was it was very hard to get off. My nail polish remover did not work very well with it. With that said I do plan on buying another color. (The lipstick is also really good)