March 5, 2009

Kiss My Face So Refined Jojoba and Mint Facial Scrub

Until recently, I had my skincare and exercise mantras badly reversed. With skincare, it was "no pain, no gain", which lead me to high AHA exfoliators and especially gritty scrubs. With exercise: "Slow down as soon as it hurts."

I'm still a workout wimp who claims "walking" as a favorite sport, but I have altered my skincare approach. I've discovered that mild, daily exfoliation is far more effective and healthier for your skin in the long run. We all want, for example, that red mark from a zit to disappear ASAP. But intense, harsh exfoliation isn't the solution because it can upset your skin's acid mantle, allowing in more acne-causing bacteria, and it can wear down your skin's ability to self-heal.

My recommendation? Use a gentle exfoliator nightly. Kiss My Face So Refined Jojoba and Mint Facial Scrub is amazing. It's a cheaper but still-as-stellar alternative to Ren's Jojoba Micro-Bead Purifying Facial Scrub.

Pretty factor: Perfectly round jojoba beads remove dead skin cells without scratching, tearing or irritating the skin. Jojoba oil cleans out pores and balances sebum production. Circulation-boosting peppermint oil and peppermint leaf extract leave your face tingling and fresh-feeling for an entire half-hour after use. Tea tree and lavender kill bacteria, lemon balm helps purify, and chamomile soothes.

Eco factor: Made with 81% organic ingredients. No parabens, phthalates, sulfate detergents, artificial colors, fragrances, animal ingredients, or animal testing.

To buy:
$14 at Whole Foods, some drugstores, and kissmyfacewebstore.com

3 comments:

Virginia Green said...

That looks really nice. I love products with mint!

Lucy said...

i guess i'm a few steps behind on the exfoliation train...i just tried your raw sugar tip last night and really liked it! i think the trick is that the sugar dissolves so quickly, it's not as harsh as it seems it'll be. i'll have to try the kiss my face one soon too!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Hi...thanks for stopping by my blog...Nice to meet you!

I'm thrilled to discover your site. I'm trying to learn more about organic and all natural EVERTHING and really like deals. I'll be back to look things over good really soon.